The Solaris 55 has been designed to satisfy the most demanding customers requiring performance sailing even with reduced crew.
The in-house technical department along with the naval architect Javier Soto Acebal have worked for fourteen months to fine-tune this project.
Even the smallest detail has been taken into account to ensure the 55 becomes the bench mark in the 16 meter category in the world today, both in terms of aesthetics and functionality.
The most important qualities of the Solaris 55 include:
- High performance hull lines with the maximum beam astern, as in the modern ocean racers.
- The high stability ratio and righting moment derives from the hull lines and the T-keel with a lead bulb and cast iron fin which has more than a 40% ballast ratio.
- The layout of the control lines, the winches within easy reach of the helmsman and the self-tacking jib, allow easy and safe handling of the boat even with limited crew and over long distance cruising.
- The storage areas are very large including a dedicated liferaft pod on deck, gas bottle and tool lockers. The wide tender garage, with opening transom door and access from the deck.
- The internal layout enables lengthy periods at anchor without the need for supplies from harbour, thanks to galley compartments and equipment comparable to those of bigger yachts. All three cabins are fitted with ensuite bathrooms. In addition to the two options for the master cabin (with central bed or outboard bed) the starboard rear cabin can be fitted with two regular size single beds, being considered, to all intents and purposes, a second master cabin in terms of volume and storage capacity. In the bow it is possible to opt for a crew cabin, fitted with toilet and washbasin, or for a big sail locker fitted with shelves and storage boxes.
- The safety in all wind and sea conditions is ensured by the exclusive construction technique of Solaris, where all the elements such as bulkheads, chainplates and furnishings are firmly resin-bonded to hull and deck and are not glued with fillers and silicone.
Technical information of Solaris 55
- Type: Sail
- Total loa: 16.70 m
- Floating length: 15.78 m
- Beam: 4.85 m
- Draft: 3.00 - (2.70 optional) m
- Displacement: 17,600 Kg. light
- Ballast: 6,500 Kg
- Total sail area: 176 m²
- Furling Jib: 78 m²
- Main: 98 m²
- I Furling Jib: 23.20 m
- P: 22.20 m
- E: 7.60 m
- J Furling Jib: 6.55 m
- Cabins: 3-4 optional
- Toilets: 3-4 optional
- Fresh water: 520 L
- Engine: Volvo Penta 75 (110 optional) Hp
- Fuel tank: 320 L
- Certification: Rina Ocean Category A